Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey (Week 1 - Day 2 - Activity 3)

For this activity we had to write a recount about a time you or someone else were brave. I am going to wtite about Ross Clarke Jones who was almost killed while surfing.

Ross Clarke Jones was having a normal day surfing when a huge wave knocked him and his friend Mick out.They had to swim as fast as they could to escape the wave.Both of them almost drowned but they escaped just in time.

 Ross appeared in Australian Survivor Season 6 (which is the 2019 one),he was evacuated from the game on day 28,when he suffered a huge freak accident,which caused him a broken foot/ankle.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Marnie,

    It’s Leisha here from the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you are having a great summer break. Have you got up to anything fun or exciting during your break so far?

    I think it is great that you have chosen to write about a time that Ross Clarke Jones was very brave. I hadn’t heard about this incident before so thank you for sharing. I’m sure that he must have been very scared at the time and you are right, he was very brave to swim as fast as he could to safety. I wonder if this incident made him nervous to go in the water again? Can you think of a time when you were brave? When I was younger, I used to be a dancer and would always be scared and nervous to perform on stage in front of a big audience, but I was brave and did it anyway. This is something I feel very proud of myself for doing.

    Keep it up Marnie. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts over the next couple of weeks.

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.